Braise-the-Roof 5QT Enamel Braiser
Regular price $88.00
We call this the one-pot wonder for a reason. Not only is it your secret weapon for slow-cooking comfort foods, it's equally useful for stir-fries, soups, or basically anything sautéed.
- Nonstick interior keeps messes—and cleaning—to a minimum
- Textured lid circulates steam to lock in moisture
- Can be used on a stovetop or in the oven–also serves as a gorgeous serving vessel
Chrissy's Roast Chicken Tips
- Pat your chicken dry first: In order to get that golden, crunchy exterior, pat chicken completely dry with paper towels.
- Rub with butter: Rub butter (ideally seasoned!) generously all over the bird, getting in all the nooks and crannies so it browns evenly. To guarantee flavorful meat, go the extra mile by inserting your fingers between the chicken skin and the breast to loosen the skin around the meat. Slip half the butter mixture underneath the skin, trying really hard not to rip the skin, and you’ll be rewarded with chicken that basically bastes itself as the butter melts.
- Let it rest: After you remove from the oven, let the chicken rest on a cutting board tented with foil for 10–15 minutes so the juices can redistribute into the meat and not run all over the board when you carve it.