On Mondays, we clean out our fridge…maybe not EVERY Monday. I’ve told you about how Mom materializes her Papaya Salad (check out the vid here ) well in order to not waste food she’ll also whip together a delicious stir fry. The foundation of the recipe is there, we are always are stocked with jasmine rice and seasoning sauces. From there, you pick your favorite additions. This is great when you have many mouths to feed, even if they’re all my own!
- 3-4 tablespoons peanut oil (conservative estimate!)
- 10 cloves garlic, lightly smashed
- 1 medium or 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced rotisserie chicken (leave the skin on!)
- 1 cup cooked or roasted vegetables
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4-5 cups cooked white rice
- Thai seasoning sauce to taste
- 1/2 large tomato, chopped
- Greens from 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Lime wedges, for serving
Heat the oil in a large wok over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes,. Raise the heat, add the onions and chicken and cook, stirring, until the onions are very slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the eggs, then the rice, then splash the seasoning sauce over the top, stir to coat, and cook, stirring, until warmed through. Add the tomatoes and scallions and cook, stirring, until warmed through. Transfer to a platter and serve with lime wedges.