If you make ice cream my way it’s actually really easy (promise!) and you only need a few ingredients you might already have around the house. If you know my stance on baking (see Strawberry Shortcake video), you know I need a solid backup plan when I’m craving sweets. I used to do this all the time as a kid, and wanted to pass down the tradition to my own kiddies. It’s a really great activity for our precious little monsters (jk, sort of), where kiddies. They can get creative and choose their own fillings. We picked chocolate sandwich cookies, but you can use anything you want!
- You will need:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cookies of your choice, smashed
- Two gallon-sized Ziploc bags
- 3 cups ice
- 1/3 cup ice cream salt (you can find this at Target!)
- Combine the cream, sugar, vanilla, and smashed cookies in 1 of the Ziploc bags. Seal, removing as much air as possible, and mix the ingredients around with your hands until incorporated.
- Combine the ice cream salt and ice in the other Ziploc bag.
- Place the sealed bag with the ice cream mixture inside the bag of salt ice.
- Seal tightly and shake until the mixture solidifies, 7-10 minutes.
- Scoop (or freeze for later) and enjoy!