If you are one of those people who orders pizza with stuffed crust just for the cheese, this recipe is for you. These couldn’t be easier, cheesier, or more mozzy…YUM!
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or a little more if needed)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes, or more to taste
- One 13.8 oz package store bought pizza crust, such as Pillsbury, fully defrosted if frozen
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Garlic salt, for sprinkling
- Your favorite marinara sauce for dipping
Make the filling:
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, and chili flakes in a bowl.
Build the knots:
Make room on your counter and lightly flour a work surface. Roll the dough into an 12 x 8 -inch square, Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the dough in half lengthwise (two 12 x 4-inch strips), then cut across to form twelve 2 x 4-inch pieces. Add 1 tablespoon of the filling down the center of each strip, leaving room around the edges to seal. Wrap the dough around the stuffing and seal by pinching it together firmly with your fingers into a cylinder. Tie the cylinder into a knot so that just a little bit of the ends stick out. Continue with the remaining dough strips and filling and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Whisk the eggs together in a bowl with the water and salt and brush the garlic knots with the egg wash.