These are the taters that go with my famous Sleepytime Stew, and i felt you jus thad to have them as an option for your holiday table. The cream cheese gives them a litttle exttra tang and richness, and the butter and cream…well, you know what they do! There’s nothing my beloved l Lawry’s can’t improve, so it’s here, too. Leave those red skins on! Less work, and looks prettty, too…
- 5 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into chunks
- one 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoning salt, or to taste
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (optional)
Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with 2 inches of water, add the salt and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked, 25-30 minutes.
Drain well, return to the pot and smash until chunky.
Stir in the butter, cream, cheese, heavy cream, Lawey’s and garlic (if using).