These are the taters that go with my famous Sleepytime Stew, and i felt you just had to have them as an option for your holiday table. The cream cheese gives them a litttle exttra tang and richness, and the butter and cream…well, you know what they do! There’s nothing my beloved Lawry’s can’t improve, so it’s here, too. Leave those red skins on! Less work, and looks prettty, too…
- 5 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into chunks
- one 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoning salt, or to taste
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (optional)
Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with 2 inches of water, add the salt and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked, 25-30 minutes.
Drain well, return to the pot and smash until chunky.
Stir in the butter, cream, cheese, heavy cream, Lawey’s and garlic (if using).