- 1 medium sweet potato
- ½ cup drained, rinsed black beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or ¼ teaspoon each ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more if you want
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- 1 scallion, diced, plus more for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prick the sweet potato all over with a fork, place it on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
While the potato is baking, toss the beans with the oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper, then mix in the cheddar.
When the potato is baked, slit it down the middle and cool for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then fill with the bean and cheese mixture. Return to the oven and bake until the filling is warmed and the cheese is melted and bubbly, 10-12 minutes.
While the potato is having its second bake, whisk together the sour cream and lime juice. Remove the potato from the oven, drizzle with the sour cream mixture, then top with the avocado, tomato, and scallion.