What would a game-day spread be without some sort of mini hot dog wrapped flaky pastry dough? We use the classic: crescent rolls from the fridge case at the supermarket. Basically, dough in a can means yes, you can—and when you add a generous shake of homemade everything bagel spice (or sneak in a jar from TJs), your party day snack array is complete.
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons Maldon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, plus more for dipping
- 16 mini sausages or cocktail weinies of your choice (we used Hilshire Farm Lil’ smokies)
Make the everything bagel seasoning: Mix together the poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, onion, salt, and garlic in a medium bowl until well combined. (If using store-bought everything bagel seasoning, skip to step 2.)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Unroll the can of crescent roll dough and evenly spread the mustard across the top. Cut or gently pull apart the dough along the perforated lines into 8 triangles, then cut each triangle in half down the middle to form two even triangles (you should end up with 16 total).
Put a weenie at the wide end of one of the triangles and roll up. Gently press one side into the prepared everything bagel seasoning, then put it bottom side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and weenies, making sure to leave some space between each pig in a blanket. Reserve remaining everything bagel seasoning in a sealed container for another use.
Bake until golden brown, 9 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with more Dijon mustard, for dipping.