- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup good quality olive oil, plus a bit to keep the pasta from sticking
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 2 ounces salami slices, cut into strips
- 2 ounces deli turkey, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 2 tablespoons pitted black or kalamata olives
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, cut into chunks
- Italian bread, for dipping
Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and toss a bit of olive oil to prevent from sticking.
Whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Remove and reserve ½ cup of the dressing, then add the cheese, tomatoes, and onions to the bowl and let them marinate on the counter for 15 minutes (up to an hour on the counter, or up to 24 in the fridge!).
Add the pasta to the tomatoes and onions along with the salami, turkey, pepperoncini, olives, and lettuce. Toss to coat, season with more salt and pepper to taste, and serve with extra dressing on the side to dip your bread!