It feels like I’ve been training my whole life to make your game-time snacking dreams come true, and I think with this recipe I can hang up my cleats for good. I mean, pickles and crushed chips and chipotle ranch in one recipe gets me like a lifetime of extra points, am I right? You get to bake the pickle chips! They’re easy! And the dip is a ranchy smoky dream you will be repurposing for your next-day salad, I promise you.
- 1 (1-ounce) packet Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sauce from a can of chipotle en adobo (reserve the chipotles for another time)
- 1 (24-ounce) ounce jar sliced dill sandwich or chip pickles, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) bag Lays potato chips, crushed into small pieces (about 1½ cups crushed)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Whisk the ranch dressing packet, buttermilk, mayo, and chipotle in a bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Place the flour, salt, and pepper in one shallow bowl, the eggs in a second bowl, and the chips in a third.
Dip the pickles in the flour, then the egg, then the chips, pressing so the chips adhere to the pickles.
Arrange on a large baking sheet, leaving a little room between coated pickles, and bake until golden and toasty, 11 to 12 minutes. Serve with the chipotle ranch dressing.